18/06/2015

Snapshot 1: Where am I?


Where am I?
The easy answer to this question is I’m in Wajima on the Noto Peninsula.  I’ve been here since 3rd June.  I had hoped to be able to write several features while I am here but it’s only now that I have had enough time and energy to actually sit down and write something.  For the time being I have decided to produce a number of Snapshots—short pieces about some of the things, people and places I have been lucky enough to see.  I’ll write longer more detailed features in due course.

This shot is of some of the traditional buildings in the town of Kuroshima on the Japan Sea coast of the peninsula.  The coast-hugging road is new and actually runs along the back of a number of properties that in the past had direct access to the sea for the purpose of trade.  The main street is some 50~60 meters back from this road and only has a single lane.

A setting sun and a good deal of photographic licence has produced a dramatic shot, which reminds me of a painter's work, but I can’t think who it is.

Bill Tingey Photo © Copyright


Do feel free to pass on the address of this blog to anyone you think will be interested.  Should you wish to leave a comment, please do so by clicking on the comment mark at the bottom left of this or any of the other posts.   If you have found this blog interesting, why not become a follower.

3 comments:

  1. Bill I think you are reminded of Edward Hopper

    Richard G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic shot. It has a haunting familiarity about it.

    Darling

    ReplyDelete